The video above is really touching, it doesn’t give all the facts about him or where he’s from and why he’s in the nursing home, but his reaction to music is undeniable. This acts as a reminder of the power of the brain, how stimulus through sense of sound can awaken neurological pathways that have remained dormant.
It vaguely reminded me of a film I like, The Music Never Stopped.
- original Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era – YouTube (chimac.net)
- Elderly, unresponsive man in a nursing home is transformed by music (boingboing.net)
- Music & Memory (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Video Proves The Power Of Music: Dementia Patient Loves His Cab Calloway (towleroad.com)
- Why In Home Care is More Beneficial Than a Nursing Home (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- An old man’s reaction to hearing “his” music (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)