Definitely put a smile on my face
The video above is really touching, it doesn’t give all the facts about him or where he’s from and why he’s in the nursing home, but his reaction to music is undeniable. This acts as a reminder of the power of the brain, how stimulus through sense of sound can awaken neurological pathways that have remained dormant.
It vaguely reminded me of a film I like, The Music Never Stopped.
- original Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era – YouTube (chimac.net)
- Elderly, unresponsive man in a nursing home is transformed by music (boingboing.net)
- Music & Memory (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Video Proves The Power Of Music: Dementia Patient Loves His Cab Calloway (towleroad.com)
- Why In Home Care is More Beneficial Than a Nursing Home (dave-lucas.blogspot.com)
- An old man’s reaction to hearing “his” music (lifebegins45.wordpress.com)
I’m practicing drawing on the iPad with Sketchbook Pro, my doodles are for an animation project that I’m working on. It’s designed to look flawed, makeshift, sketchy and a bit messy, which is good because I don’t have the patience to meticulously mimic reality, I just quickly scrawl it.
I got official permission from the musician behind Banquet of Illusions, to use his music in my animation piece. Go check the music out at last.fm, Sami Artturi Kauppinen offers free downloads for some of the tracks.
What do you do when the driver behind you is being a grumpy old cow for no good reason? Wind down the window and play the cheesiest bollywood radio tunes at full volume, grinning with pleasure as the traffic ahead means they can’t escape it.
For the record, I do actually enjoy Asian radio stations, but other road users don’t seem to appreicate.
I do love me some Cinephile
For Sale: 2 Download Tickets
Selling these due to not being able to make the day at short notice =(
Tickets will be sent to YOU via Royal Mail Special Delivery (TM) Next Day, or can be picked up from West London if need be.
Confirmation email of ticket purchase can be forwarded if needed!
Click the top link for more details!P.S. this blog isn’t for selling stuff, everything else on here is just stuff I like (not for sale). Just thought I’d mention the tickets, as I only found out tonight that I can’t go…